- Term Dates
- Vic Independent
- Vic and Tas Agreements
- Tas Cath Wages
- Vic Cath Wages
- Vic CEO Wages
- Tas Cath Ed Agreement 2018
- Vic Cath Ed Agreement 2018
- Vic Cath Guidance Notes
- Vic Cath ARMs
- Vic Cath Ed Support
- Vic Cath Parental Leave
- Early Career
- Practicum Payments
Education Support employees in Victorian Catholic Education
Recent Agreements deliver pay increases and a new classification structure
The 2013 and 2018 Agreements covering your employment delivered a number of significant improvements for all education support staff, including salary increases and a better classification structure.
While some of the detail of these new arrangements is complicated, these are significant achievements, won through hard campaigning and bargaining by IEU members.
Education support staff covered by these changes include teacher aides, Laboratory/Library/AV and IT staff, clerical and administrative staff, and school counsellors.
Remember that IEU staff are always available to explain these changes and the terms of the new Agreement to you. If you have any questions about how this Agreement applies to your circumstances, speak to your Rep or feel free to contact us on 9254 1860 or firstname.lastname@example.org
New Classification Structure – Key Features
- A new 5 Level Education Support (ES) classification structure has replaced the previous seven level School Officer (SO) structure, and all staff in the previous structure have been translated into the first four levels of the new structure.
Click here for the new classification structure wage rates
Click here for the new classification level descriptors
- A new ES Level 5 was introduced in February 2014. ES employees can be reclassified to the new level if they meet the level descriptors. All other Level re-classifications – eligible employees are able to apply for re-classification to another Level. The IEU Handbook will assist members in re-classification applications.
Progression from ES Level 3-7
- Previous SO level 5 and 6 employees have been translated to the new ES Level 3. The previous level 5 SOs will increment through ES Level 3 until they reach the Maximum barrier, through which they can continue to progress subject to agreed criteria. If on 1 May, the ES employee has been at the maximum for at least six months and can satisfactorily demonstrate that they meet the qualifications and experience criteria, they will be eligible to progress beyond the Maximum. Further information on this progression will be provided to members.
Click here for more information on how to meet these criteria
Click here for the CECV Information Sheet
Click here for the Classification Descriptors
Click here for the Employee Request Form for School Administrative Services
Click here for the Employee Request Form for Student Support
Click here for the Employee Request Form for Curriculum Resource Services (General)
Click here for the Employee Request Form for Curriculum Resource Services (Library/AV Services)
Click here for the Employee Request Form for Curriculum Resource Services (Laboratory)
Click here for the Employee Request Form for Curriculum Resource Services (ICT)
Salary assessment for new employees
The salary assessment process for new employees with service outside of Catholic education in Victoria requires the employee to provide evidence of any service within 6 months of commencing.
If evidence of service is provided after this time then salary adjustment arising from the evidence will only be backdated for 6 months from the date of production of the evidence. The employer must advise the employee of these requirements upon engagement and in the new induction requirements.
Additional payment for recall days
Commencing this year, Category B School Officers who are recalled in the school holidays (to a maximum of 6 days per year) are now entitled to an additional payment by way of a 72.47% loading on the daily rate for each day of recall undertaken.